SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS IN MCALLEN
Did you suffer an injury (such as hip or back) after falling on a sidewalk or a slippery floor at a McAllen establishment? Do you have medical bills or lost wages due to your injuries?
Under Texas law, you may be entitled to compensation if a property owner was negligent. He/she may be responsible for covering these costs and compensating you for the pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone in McAllen and cause serious injuries that may warrant filing for compensation.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, talk to a slip and fall lawyer at the Mario Davila Law Office in McAllen to help you get compensation!
Slip and fall cases in McAllen
- Emergency rooms in McAllen treat tens of thousands of patients requiring medical attention due to slip and fall injuries each year.
- Statistics from the Texas Department of Insurance indicate that workplaces are included among the environments where the most slip and fall injuries occur.
Causes of slip and fall accidents in McAllen
Slips and falls can happen anywhere, anytime and to anyone. Since prevention can help reduce the number of injuries, here are some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents to keep in mind:
- Poorly lit corridors
- Missing or faulty stairs
- Missing or broken handrails
- Spills and standing water
- Slippery surfaces
- Weather hazards, such as ice or rain water
- Loose rugs, mats or carpets
What to do after a slip or fall in McAllen
If you or a loved one is the victim of a slip and fall, there are a few key things you should do in order to apply for compensation benefits in McAllen, including:
Seek immediate medical attention
Your health is extremely important and you should get help after a slip and fall. This will not only aid your recovery, but allow you to get the medical reports necessary to file a claim for compensation.
Report the accident
Slips or falls can happen anywhere: at work, the supermarket, a friend’s house or a park. Therefore, it’s important to identify the owner or responsible party of the property where the incident occurred and report the accident to them.
Document the accident
There’s a wealth of information that may be useful for slip and fall claims. It’s recommended that you do the following:
- Write down the date, time and exact location of the accident.
- Write down what you were doing when you fell or slipped. The sooner you do this, the fresher your mind will be.
- Photograph the place where you slipped or fell. If possible, take pictures of the conditions that contributed to your injury, i.e., ice, spills, etc.
- Collect information from anyone who witnessed the fall, including names, phone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses.
- Keep the shoes and clothes you were wearing in a safe place. Believe it or not, what you wear may make a difference.
- Contact a McAllen slip and fall lawyer to help you file a claim for compensation for the accident.
What compensation can you get in a slip and fall accident in McAllen?
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional stress
- Decreased quality of life
How much time do you have to make a slip and fall claim in McAllen?
For slip and fall cases in McAllen, there is a statute of limitations defined by the State of Texas. The time limit will vary depending on the circumstances of the accident and injury. Generally speaking, you have a two-year period to file your slip and fall compensation claim. This statute of limitations is why contacting a personal injury attorney right away is so important.
Get a Free Case Consultation
Call us 24/7
Text us 24/7
Contact our slip and fall lawyers in McAllen
Injury claims based on slip and fall accidents can be very difficult to prove. To get compensation from a property owner, you must prove their negligence. That can be difficult to accomplish, especially if you’re recovering from an injury. That’s why it’s important to have a slip and fall lawyer to take care of all the tasks necessary to get compensation.
An attorney will conduct timely investigations to identify the cause of the accident, interview witnesses, take video footage and photos of the property, as well as defend you when the insurance company tries to evade the claim. Overall, the best slip and fall lawyer will negotiate to recover as much compensation as possible for the victim.
Our team of McAllen slip and fall lawyers have the knowledge and experience to handle your case and get you compensation. If you were in an accident and want help, reach out to us today.